To build shareholder value by delivering superior service to our clients
Careers at First National Bank of Southern California
As a bank founded by entrepreneurs committed to serving entrepreneurs, we are looking for high quality employees who are resourceful, driven, enthusiastic, well rounded and committed to excellence. We see banking as a business of relationships, and our goal is to promote the success of both our clients and our employees. We look for leadership skills at all levels. Whether you are already a banking professional, or considering a career in banking, if you are interested in making a commitment to a high quality team of financial professionals, we invite you to contact any one of our offices directly by emailing a cover letter and resume to the address within the posting for the position that interests you.
First National Bank of Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristic.
Current Available Positions
Operations Manager - Riverside Office
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the VP/Operations Administrator, the Operations Manager will ensure the retail banking office staff provides excellent customer service, ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures, and conforms to OCC and State banking regulations. The Operations Manager will be an efficient, organized individual with the ability to perform complex tasks in a timely manner without direct supervision. The Operations Manager position requires an understanding of, and commitment to, First National Bank of Southern California’s mission statement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for increasing the profitability of the bank by providing excellent customer service, maintaining the existing customer base, by bringing in new business and controlling office expenses.
- Supervise the retail operations staff by providing day-to-day coaching, conducting periodic verbal reviews and annual performance evaluations. This supervision will also include ensuring the bank’s balancing and attendance standards are met, providing verbal and written disciplinary action when warranted. Review of staff time sheets to ensure that hours worked are recorded correctly and overtime expenses are controlled.
- Administer the office and individual staff sales goals, providing coaching to cross sell bank products and services. Encourage staff referrals for loans, mortgages, online banking, merchant bankcard services and other bank products and services as shown in the bank’s product guide.
- Oversee that bank policy and procedures are followed to ensure the security of the office, including but not limited to, following prescribed opening and closing procedures, reviewing and adhering to signing authority limits, and maintaining control of keys, combinations and alarm codes.
- Oversee the office cash administration, including but not limited to, providing tellers with cash limit cards, daily office cash balancing, ensuring the office cash limits are not exceeded, cash ordering, cash shipments, spot checking teller cash drawers, researching teller cash differences and customer cash orders.
- Review and process daily reports, including but not limited to, NSF transactions, large currency transactions, non-posted transactions, statement of condition, deficit balance, new accounts and account maintenance.
- Review and approve large transactions, forwarding those over individual limit to VP/Operations Administrator and/or Senior Management.
- Provide training for new office staff and cross-training for existing staff in collateral operations duties. Ensure that office staff is aware of the BVS online training system, allowing them time to complete the required courses.
- Oversee office certifications, in conjunction with the compliance calendar and certification checklist, ensuring that OCC and State regulatory requirements are met. Compile reports and present to the VP/Operations Administrator for approval no later than the 5th business day after month end. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal laws and regulations affecting the financial services industry as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following:
Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Customer Privacy requirements, Regulation D (Interest on Deposits), Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act), Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfers Act), Right to Financial Privacy Act, Identity Theft requirements, protecting customer Privacy and the Community Reinvestment Act.
- Conduct monthly meetings with office staff, which includes training in conjunction with the monthly compliance training calendar.
- Attend weekly, monthly and quarterly sales, staff development, strategic planning, compliance, and operations meetings as required. Provide input to these meetings relative to the operations manager’s areas of expertise.
- Attend community events as required to promote the bank and its services.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3 - 5 years of related experience with one year (1 yr) supervisory responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, teamwork orientation and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when warranted by time constraints.
To be considered for an exciting opportunity at First National Bank of Southern California, Please email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 951-300-4605.
First National Bank of Southern California is An Equal Opportunity Employer